Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Behold, New Road

Timidity times ten:
tepid Tervis Tumblers
tear the trousers Tom tried
on
he hushed himself
how horrible has
this
been?

"I want to dig myself a hole
in the Scotts tough turf right about now.
I don't think I can make it past side dish X"
"Try this script on for size:
a man is dials the wrong number and its
his ex-lover's new number. They talk about
the old times.
Then, you hear a horrible cry and you find
out the woman has been hit by a motor vehicle
as she was filling up the generator for her ice cream
truck."
"Wait, this sucks; stop telling me this script."
"Man, this is the same shit I've been talking to my
shrink about. A sort of intellectual imminent domain;
like if the government bought all the Beatles songs
and chopped and screwed them for a Marines commercial
because by then the post-20th-century blackness
would have totally been imbued and thus transfigured
into the actual agglomerated consciousness of post-post
bullshit like "hey we heard that people used to love the
Beatles" like we do with Count Basie now. Every time
I try to pitch anything, it turns into a theft and bereavement."
"Man, will you lay OFF man!"

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment