Thursday, January 9, 2014

Shenandoah Court

I meandered between
shelves

toward the tremendous tomes
of art history

"only third graders walk like that"

I'M interested in art books

for the nudes

I watched my librarian smooth her librarian blouse
and stare into the Peach Orchard Hill

the aleatoric music swam in the car stereo
downstairs



>>

during the fourth of July party

at a ranch house in College Grove


motown played for the frat party vibe
and I partook in a hayride

I saw a cow shit in the field
and one hour later I surfaced from the pool

with eyes burning and wide
and motown still playing into my ears

>>

we snuck to the "Irish house"
across the drainage ditch where we did play

Shenandoah Court
was a turbulence

the legend of our baby sitter's black panties
was an urgent prospect


so we snuck to the house that deserved a smoking pipe
and a tartan clad person upon its porch

>>

so now I sit and wait and hear

a baby heart purposed and clear

beating time like techno sheets
the folds of mitochondria weep

the fervent energy of climes
of tropic bird and pitted rimes

God is good and I am bad
I never thought I'd be a dad

I never thought I'd go through things:
wedding bells, diamond rings

underneath the urbane gloom
my childish heart is knitting bloom

upon a rafter perched a haint
my evergoal is toward saint

I murked a ramp
I tore the punch

and after all
there's no free lunch

about the faces
of positive people

my mother's Memphis
under tall steeples

Kentucky Bend ribbed by
river

I think I'll eat a chicken dinner
I think I'll meet a morbid sinner

I think I'll eek a truncate simper
I think I'll eek a truncate simper

No comments:

Post a Comment