Monday, May 12, 2014

sepuuki

"I'm higher than Burj Khalifa"
"I'm pedal to the metal every day dude."
"I'm going to study fashion design in Gotham City this summer."

"The last thing he saw were the kidney grilles of a pea-green 1500. He didn't feel nothing."
"I'll choose a fresh car wreck every time over Fra Angelico."

Mark had a big problem with babies crying. His pedophobia was most intense from behind the glass partition where he scooped and served delicious frozen treats at the Baskin Robbins on Elkins. Mark left the house every morning at 10:30 after he cleaned the toner from his counterfeit money printer. On the MTA bus he learned the name of the driver. They developed a friendship because they were the only people they knew personally who made finger tutting Youtubes.
"I saw a wreck yesterday. It was a pedestrian. The last thing he saw were the kidney grilles of a pea-green 1500. He didn't feel nothing."
"Hmm."
"Yeah man, I'm not a Starbucks Frenchy but I'd choose a fresh car wreck every time over Fra Angelico. 'Hi my name is James and I'm a recovering Catholic.'" James laughed.
"Well if it makes you feel any better I'm reading Kafka like you told me."
Bird droppings hit the bus windshield right next to Mark's usual headrest.
"Welcome to the thunderzone, Mark. I've spent the past thirty years trying to keep my head above water. It's been a constant struggle to 'abort the gnaw' but the gnaw won't go. It's entirely up to me to worship something; now they say "you cannot serve two masters," I am very convinced you can. I serve both negative and positive vibes. I have a melted heart for some things and a stone heart for other things. Outcomes matter."
A gentleman of color: "LET ME OFF THE BUS MAN. YOU TALKIN' ALL THAT BULLSHIT AND YOU DONE MISSED MY STOP. I PULLED THE CORD CAN'T YOU HEAR THE BEEP?"

No comments:

Post a Comment