Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Whoa there

In the parking lot of TJ Maxx
Gabriel blew his sax
On the hood of a Lumina
In the shade of a young maple

After the test he walked out sighing
Like a pagan goddess who's perpetually dying.
He knelt before a crucifix
Better Homes and Gardens splayed out on the desk below

I'd rather not have a home
If all I ever feel is alone
Said the boy in the back
Of the prom stretch limousine

Alexandria is laid to waste
And I can't find the sensitive toothpaste
When I'm fumbling in suitcase
As the baby is wetting the bed

A portion of my income to you
For all the fine work you do
I declined one hundred mattresses in
Bagdad for a chance at your lips

I rode into the desert canyon
The camel was my only companion
And an angel appeared on a rock
That was shaped like a UFO

I turned down for what?
I limited who?
I feel so confused.

I spilled all the milk
And rolled down the hill.
You were not amused.

I kicked an old racehorse
I stirred up a zoo
Sneaking into the neighborhood where you grew

It's mostly rinsed off
The cheerleaders kiss
"I don't believe in rewards
Just taking risks."

No comments:

Post a Comment