Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jongo

"So, you're a train punk."
"yep."
"You ride trains?"
"yep."
"Where've you been?"
"I've been to a tailgate party in Tuscaloosa. I've been to the Rock of Ages. I've seen that crazy tree house in Tennessee. I held the hand of a dead grizzly bear in Bozeman. I filed my tooth down on purpose because it was too canine and now I have no nerves in it. I slept naked in Overton Park and wiped my ass with Prince Mongo's wig. I drank whiskey with the Mayor of Olive Branch, Mississippi. I came on the side of an iron mountain in Birmingham, Alabama. I fell in love and out of a moving freight car in Asheville, North Carolina. I felt the love in a Margaritaville in Panama City Beach, Florida. I napped on a pile of rotting orchids in Roanoke, Virginia. I..."
"Have you been out of the South?"
"I said Bozeman."
"Aside from Bozeman?"
"When I'm in those places I still think a lot about the places I've been in the South. I think about them when I'm riding the Rockies. When I'm holed up in a recessed doorway in Cheyenne, I think of Savannah. When I'm out of dope in Tacoma I think of Ranger. When I find myself crying Oklahoma City I just think about Memphis. When I'm out of gas under a Redwood tree I googaggyf ff  fff fffffind myself in the interests of a good God atop Lookout Mountain."

No comments:

Post a Comment