Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Corey's moment

across
the distressed Pier 1 Imports
vanity

the background of her computer was a close-up picture of denim
maybe on a skirt that tugged at the sunset horse-riding brain trigger

I watched a video of deep-sea volcanic vents where those impossible creatures live
the entire time a large soda dripped in the back of a Lumina

until the entire rear floorboard was soaked in Diet RC and Reebok classics
Tammy's boyfriend has never been good

I bicycled around the cement factory by the Cumberland river
careful not to stop for the wet cement that made the ground look like
the ceiling at every hotel

I dreamed of homeless nobility
before cell phones by Radnor Lake

I prefer Wigger Corey to roommates from Boston
we kept company in the line at the DMV

we watched a beaver waddle in the decorative grass by the building
"I'm here for my carry permit"
"Look, there are some nuns who taught me in college."

I wondered if the good folks at Mt. Zion PBC
could ever not liturgically shout

I stared at the Stihl humming across the hedges
The Department of Corrections stripe on his jeans made me think of the Marithé + François Girbauds he probably wore at the mall before his fall
"He probably fell asleep at Luby's" I thought

I stopped thinking about hurdles and drew my mind toward the grey goo of unknowing that had overtaken every child in the backseats of cars

I am hopeful

No comments:

Post a Comment