Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Tude

Nike and Nicky
On the palisade
Neon scribble napkin
Friend tier three

Entire nights with ivy
In pots and the wind
Jiggling the leaves
With a snarky breeze

Monkey bar ceiling beams
It's where the hippies slept
My fake money spills from
The hoodie pocket

Tell your heart to fear nothing
A modest blouse in the Tennessean box
Then a pedestrian struck by
A goddamned Pontiac Aztec on Broadway

I sprint to the new central precinct
Like a TV show desperate person

I'm a bluster of red goretex
"Can I help you"
"A woman has been struck by a burnt orange Aztec"
"Excuse me?"
"On the fucking corner of broad and fifth"

The blunt was ripe
And the Frist was splintering
Under the weight of the Ingram family cousins
And the swoopy hair
And the casual blazers
I knew Jesus was just outside
Huddled in the corner by a spineless first date

I've been looking for Jesus my whole goddamned life

No comments:

Post a Comment